Tuesday 18 August 2015

A Little Bit of Layout Love


Oh my, it's been a while since I did any scrapbooking! But I do go to a crop once a month (hello Moxley mates!) and I thought it was about time that I used that time for the allotted purpose! I created two layouts in a day - which for me is pretty good going. I am not the world's fastest crafter!


My first layout is a romantic wedding layout. I used some very old papers by BoBunny called The Avenues. This is a simple LO but has lots of layers. Firstly, spray ink flicked onto the paper, then texture pasted stencilled and highlighted with ColourArte Silk Glaze in Golden Monarch. Then I added torn paper and corrugated card (the card also has a swipe of the Silk colour), various fussy cut elements, twine and trim and brads. The last layer has the photo and some flowers. My word is painted with the Silks again to tie it into the page. I love the subtle colour and sheen of the Silks - goes well with my romantic feel.


In contrast my second layout is much more contemporary in feel. Again I used spray inks (Distress brand), creating the background by applying the inks loosely with a wide brush. Once dry I added a load of splatters (fun!!!). Colours are Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough. The stamps (pilfered from my fellow Moxley-er's - as I had not packed any. WHAT???) are Hampton Art and IndigoBlu. Then I just layered up some die cuts, tags and elements cut from paper.


This is the first layout I've done of our new fur baby, Jet. He is very smiley :).

I enjoyed this change of scene and hope you do too :)

Katy xxx

4 comments:

  1. two wonderful layouts katy...the softness of the first just adds to the romance and i love tbe zesty volours in the second. wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy your layouts are fantastic! They are WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, both pages are filled with love ♥
    I like both of them - the romantic on top is simply gorgeous and the one with Jet is super cool! Well done, being able to create both styles so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great layouts - so cool how different they are in style. Love the fab funky look and vivid colours for Jet's page, but it's the glorious embellishing and composition and colours of the first one which wins it for me.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete