Wednesday 15 April 2015

Rubber Dance Colour Challenge

Hello again! It's Colour Challenge reminder day at Rubber Dance today and this time I made a tag card. I am often asked what to do with tags and a really simple way to use them is to create a card by attaching a second scored tag to the reverse - could not be easier!

April Colour Challenge Swatch
For this make I stamped a grey cardstock tag with a flourish stamp and layered it with a die cut image. The two bird stamps have been coloured with Coloursoft pencils from Derwent. I stamped the images in Archival Watering Can ink for a softer look - this also enabled me to colour over the central bird images in blue to give the impression of multi-coloured stamping. As the pencils are waxy if applied heavily they will obscure a paler colour underneath.

To add the texture element of the challenge I layered the stamped images with two depths of foam pads and finished with pearls and a length of dyed seam binding ribbon.


There's an amazing prize up for grabs over at the Rubber Dance Challenge - can't wait to see what you make!

Katy x

PS - Used the new Abandoned Coral Distress Ink for my ribbon - yummy!!!!!!!!

I used these awesome Rubber Dance stamps:

Vintage Birds

Flourishes

No comments:

Post a Comment