Sunday 5 April 2015

Andy Skinner with Art Workshops

I very recently went to a fantastic workshop with the uber talented Andy Skinner run by my very dear friend Sue of Art Workshops.

Learned loads of techniques and there is nothing - and I mean nothing - Mr Skinner does not know about the products he demos. The above class was due to be an IKEA mirror but because of my diminishing wall space, I used the painted panels on the front of a sketchbook instead. We used Antiquing Cream which is an awesome product to creating an aged look, and of course lots of paints. Oh and hair wax (but I won't give Andy's secret away!).

The second make was a little hanging again using lots of techniques including a very realistic looking faux rust.

Had a great time with great company. Even if Mr Skinner did spill his beer on me!!!

Katy xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming along chic. Loved what you made on both days, but loved my little notebook more. x

    ReplyDelete