Monday 5 January 2015

Tim's Tags 2015 - January


Somewhat fittingly, the theme of Tim's first tag of this year is 2015. Fitting, because one of my
resolutions is to do all of Tim's tags this year - something I've not managed to complete before.

So in the interests of getting off on the right foot, here's my version of his January tag. I used Distress Paints and Sprays as per his tutorial, but went for much brighter colours as I want my 2015 to be happier than last year.

I followed the steps for the Alphaparts but added a swipe of Mustard Seed paint here and there over the dried Broken China.

I used totally gorgeous Rubber Dance stamps too, of course! The ATC Backgrounds One set.

I added some inked seam binding and I finished with the word stickers, using those which represent ideals for my future :).


This is Tim's fabulous version:

Here's to the next 11! Can't wait!

Katy x

15 comments:

  1. LOVE your tag, Katy!

    The colours are awesome! Wow!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color choices! Tim's tag was lovely, of course, but I think you've stepped it up with your choice of words too. Really, really great tag. Good luck in your resolution! (I've yet to complete a full year too.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can sit by you for the next 11 so your artistic genius rubs off on me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your tag, Katy! The bright colours are awesome. Thank you for using my stamps for this. I feel inspired to make one myself! :-)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are so beautiful!! Love!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love what you've created for the challenge!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use brighter colours - it looks so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy. I noticed your tag and came over for a closer look. I just love the colours you have used.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors ... your tag really stands out in a crowd :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors (and the giant numbers and tiny butterfly).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy I absolutely love those colours together. An amazing tag. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your rendition - the colors you chose are fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that beautiful sunny background, great tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color just caught my eye instantly! LOVE! Great take!

    ReplyDelete