Sunday 4 January 2015

Journal Page for Rubber Dance


Over on the Rubber Dance blog today is a step-by-step guide to how I created my journal page for this month's Colour Challenge!

A couple of months ago I went to a wonderful workshop with the amazingly talented France Papillion. She totally encouraged me to have a go at journaling - something I had never been comfortable with. So this is MY style of journal page - lots of product and technique but comfortable and still my work. Kind of a hybrid scrapbook page/journal page. A single layout because for me that flows more easily than a double. Not so much about emotions as about memories.

I think I may be a convert to MY form of journal page - it does not conform but so what? If you are thinking about journaling for 2015 then I say go for it - and do what is natural - not what you think a journal page is about. I have France to thank for that lesson.

If you want to know more, do check out my tutorial over at RD Blog.

Katy xxx

To find the stamps I have used, here's the Rubber Dance web shop: www.rubberdance.com



4 comments:

  1. Stunning journal page, Happy New Year Katy!

    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this very much, well done you on creating your own version of Journaling. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a monumental step to realize that your journal is yours and doesn't need to look like, use the same media as or have the same format as "the experts". Well done! I would LOVE to take a class from France! One of these days...

    ReplyDelete