Monday 12 January 2015

Flower Power with Rubber Dance


Quick post from me today with a great use for background stamps. I made a felt flower to update a craft bag I have had for years.

I die cut felt flowers using Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals die and stamped them Rubber Dance flourishes using StazOn ink - hold the inked stamp in place for a good five seconds on each impression to let the ink seep into the felt. I also edged the petals using the same ink and a piece of foam.

Coat the back of each flower with PVA glue and leave to dry to stiffen the felt so it doesn't flop about so much when worn.

Glue or sew the layers together with a vintage-style button in the middle and add a broach back. And there you have it - simple, quick, effective and cheap!

I used this gorgeous background stamp for my make (Rubber Dance have lots of lovely background stamps to choose from!).


Katy x

1 comment: