Sunday 8 June 2014

Oh my - I made a CARD and it's a MAN'S CARD!


This is probably only the second or third time I've ever made a man's card! This is so far out of my comfort zone that I discovered when embarking on this little exercise that I don't own ANY masculine stamps! So I turned instead to my patterned paper stash and found these rather nice Prima ones.

I had to add a bit of inking and stamping so I used Tim's compass mask and the postmark stamps from my very own Carte Postale set (from which it would appear I have lost the big postcard stamp.... I may have to buy a set of my own stamps!!! Sigh.....).


To add a little bit of texture I battered some brads with a hammer (oh what fun!) - I think this adds nice detail.

Am entering this for three whole challenges!




Off for a lie down after all that manliness! Bye for now!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ! Love your card, the hot air balloons are fabulous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie and CVC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for men of any age Katy. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may feel like this theme is out of your comfort zone but it's fabulous Katy. I love the way you've used the Prima papers and of course your own lovely stamps (hope you find the missing one!) Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katy,
    I can so relate to your thoughts re masculine cards, but I must say you have created a super duper one here; it is just gorgeous, I love your design very much.
    Thank you so much for joining us this month at CVC.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one might guess this was out of your comfort zone, Katy!
    Such a brilliant card! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fab! I think I'd enjoy battering brads with a hammer, sounds like therapeutic fun! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Katy and you remind me I haven't beaten up a brad in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous masculine card and I would never have guessed this type takes you outside your comfort zone. Love the balloons, the stamping and the great guy colour palette. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutely stunning.I really love it.
    Greetings
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning- where are the hot air balloons from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so fantastic- What a great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete