Wednesday 13 October 2010

Gingersnaps Challenge - Versamark

Here's my contribution to this week's Gingersnaps challenge. The theme is Versamark and I've actually used three different Versamark techniques here:

-Watermark - the background text (Prima) is simply stamped with Versamark onto the kraft card to create a watermarked effect.

-Chalk - the swirls are stamped with Versamark then chalked over in a slightly darker colour chalk than the kraft paper to make them stand out a little from the text

-Gilding - the heart is stamped with Versamark, Stamp 'n' Bond then gilding flakes applied.

Just a simple little card. Not very seasonal I know - might have to save it for Valentine's Day next year!!!

10 comments:

  1. It may be simple Katy but it's lovely!!! Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo lots of uses for versamark! gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say simple ... I say, gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely lot of examples of Versamark Katy and done so beautifully. I really must knuckle down and really experiment with this as my practice runs were rubbish......lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and elegant card!! lovely
    isa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design of your card, Katy! The gilding is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I love how you chalked the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Katy - I love the gilding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love the gilding flakes - that's new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog and LoVe this card. So simple and clean and elegant. I especially love the gilding on the heart :) Gorgeous design

    ReplyDelete